Discovery Resource # ST-05
Search & Interview
Focus with precision and timing
Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your search by identifying your resources, understanding your obstacles, and organizing the tools at your disposal to maximize your job search..
- Understand your mission, vision and values and how they impact your job search strategy.
- Integrate your understanding of job search resources and networks.
- Identify and leverage specific channels/networks for your job search.
- Differentiate between an in-house vs. agency recruiter.
- Build a foundation that incorporates your mission, vision, and values into your search.
- Create career opportunities using both traditional and non-traditional methods.
- Build relevant professional networks as a foundation for future advancement.
Author: Vickie Austin
Vickie Austin, speaker, business and career coach, founder of CHOICES Worldwide
Ms. Austin is a graduate of Arizona State University and holds an Executive Master of Global Management from Thunderbird School of Management. Vickie founded CHOICES Worldwide in 1997 to offer strategic planning to entrepreneurs, executives and individuals in career transition. Prior to establishing her firm, Vickie covered the health beat for a daily newspaper, worked for Modern Healthcare magazine and served in a variety of marketing roles for hospital systems including American Medical International (AMI), Scottsdale Memorial Health Systems, Inc., Humana, Inc. and Wheaton Franciscan Services, Inc. Her articles have appeared in the National Business Employment Weekly, New Perspectives and career sites of the Wall Street Journal.
She is the author of the book Circles of Gold: Honoring Your Network for Business and Career Success. When Vickie isn’t writing, speaking or coaching, she loves to read, sing and spend time with family and friends.